This is Part 2 of a two-part blog post.
- Photo on left: bottles of alcohol on the shelf.
- Photo on right: ad for Murad cigarettes, with marketing design by Rea Irvin in 1916. Genuine Turkish tobacco has been regarded as being more natural because the processing of it remains more old-world (meaning fewer petroleum-based chemicals are used in the growing and processing of it), but that still does not make it any less addictive. The temperature of the tobacco plant (post-assimilation) is hot, so it can pull the body out of balance very quickly for some people.
In the Chinese 5 Elements, Fire vibration rules the heart and circulation. On the 5ED NOURISHMENT RANKING SCALE, if Fire vibration is a person’s #4 or #5 most nourishing elemental vibration, then this person would be the most prone to high blood pressure. Some people have a high percentage of Fire vibration in their natural body chemistry; other people have a low percentage. The rest of the world population have it somewhere in the middle range. If you have a low percentage, then you are prone to low blood pressure. If you have a high percentage, then you are prone to high blood pressure. Unfortunately, you cannot change your body chemistry percentage because that is fixed. But you do have the choice and power within you to adjust your consumption of foods and drinks based upon your unique body chemistry.
As you can see in the blood pressure chart above, there are a range of blood pressure readings that are considered to be in the ‘normal’, average adult range across the world population. It is when your blood pressure readings go beyond these sets of normal readings that you need to start paying more attention. According to the guidelines published by the World Health Organization (WHO), if your blood pressure readings consistently show greater than 160 (mm Hg) systolic, or greater than 95 (mm Hg) diastolic, then you are considered to have high blood pressure (hypertension). Even so, there are grey areas between normal and raised blood pressure. For example, it is known that blood pressure rises with age, and a healthy person may well live symptom-free with a systolic pressure above the WHO data figures. 1
Over 90 per cent of hypertensive people have no immediately identifiable cause for their condition, and are described as having essential hypertension. In those patients with an identifiable cause, the hypertension is described as secondary. Among the causes of secondary hypertension are:
Black’s Medical Dictionary 1
- Lifestyle factors such as smoking, alcohol, stress, excessive dietary salt and obesity.
- Diseases of the kidney.
- Pregnancy (eclampsia).
- Various endocrine disorders — for example, phaeochromocytoma, Cushing’s disease, acromegaly, thyrotoxicosis.
- Coarctation of the aorta.
- Drugs — for example, oestrogen-containing oral contraceptives, anabolic steroids, corticosteroids, non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
This hypertension information above reveals some important wisdom as you read between the lines, and actually strengthens the information and strategies that I am presenting to you in this blog post. According to medical researchers, there doesn’t seem to be any concrete causation that can be pointed to for why some people (in the world population) experience symptoms of high blood pressure. They place the blame on “family genetics” factors, but that still does not provide a prescriptive pathway forward for the essential healing that is really needed for this person. And, it depends on the person’s level of acceptance and cooperation with the steps that are necessary to move forward in the healing process. How easy is it for this person to remain in a state of denial or refusal? Could it be that what we consume (all forms of consumption) directly correlates with our health or lack of it? Could it be that not only our physical health, but also that our emotional, mental, and spiritual health contribute to our overall health and well-being?
ON THE 5ED NOURISHMENT RANKING SCALE, IF FIRE VIBRATION IS YOUR #4 OR #5 MOST NOURISHING (ACTUALLY THE LEAST NOURISHING FOR THIS PERSON)
Regardless of whichever elemental vibrations a person has as their #4 or #5 most nourishing (in their unique body chemistry), these two zones indicate where a person’s addictive foods, comfort foods, or food allergies/sensitivities lie (from any source, e.g., plant, tree, animal, fungi, bacteria, etc.).
Out of all of the five elements, the Fire element vibration contains the largest number of highly addictive plants and fermented beverages. Some of these addictions can be among the most challenging that a person will ever face in their lives! Having said this, it is no surprise that a person with Fire vibration as their #5 most nourishing would be the most prone to alcoholism. Of course, there are cases where alcoholism does not play a role for these individuals. But keep in mind that these people have developed a great deal of spiritual maturity, and have overcome their lower nature, i.e., their addictive pattern.
If your physician/doctor has determined that you have high blood pressure, then the following strategies may help with balancing your high blood pressure, assuming that you are not currently taking any pharmaceutical medications. Of course, your decision to make any changes in your diet or in your activities of daily living requires a great deal of courage, discipline and resilience.
- In general, this person needs to consume less Fire vibration foods (like hot chilies, tomatoes, and corn flour products), drinks (like alcohol), and Fire vibration plants (like tobacco). Because these are the foods, etc., that this person enjoys consuming the most, then the process becomes one of doing it at a pace that the person can handle (over time). For example, it would not be making progress if the person is judging themselves for not being able to move forward fast enough, or being impatient with the process. Important: the shift away from consuming less Fire vibration foods, etc., creates a vacuum. Therefore, the vacuum must be filled by this person’s focusing on consuming more of their #1 or #2 most nourishing foods, drinks, and plant-based herbal remedies.
- Mnemonic: Water extinguishes Fire. In order to take advantage of the ‘Water extinguishes Fire’ principle of the Chinese 5 Elements, you must strive to add into your daily regimen more Water vibration foods, drinks, and plant-based herbal remedies. Any Water vibration sources of consumption will balance, or transcend an individual’s fixed body chemistry by increasing the percentage of Water vibration in the body, and thereby decreasing the Fire vibration (which is at the receiving end of the Control Cycle). It works the same way with any other elemental vibration sources of consumption within the Control Cycle. When you consult the 5ED Master Inventory list and look at the Water element section, you will see many common foods, plant-based remedies, etc., that are GRAS (generally recognized as safe), very healthy, and are eager to be consumed!
NOTE: It’s important to get the full blueprint of a person’s unique body chemistry in order to assess the finer, more detailed nourishment strategies.
ON THE 5ED NOURISHMENT RANKING SCALE, IF FIRE VIBRATION IS YOUR #1 OR #2 MOST NOURISHING
If Fire vibration is a person’s #1 or #2 most nourishing elemental vibration, then this person would be the most prone to low blood pressure. With low blood pressure, or hypotension, the root causation is most often (but not always) that this person is lacking Fire vibration in their body. Postural hypotension is the most common type, like when a person suddenly stands, particularly after a period of rest or a hot bath, and then feels like they are going to pass out (faint). The reason for this is because there is a temporary shortage of arterial blood to the brain. Indeed, the muscular tone of the arteries is not quick to respond, which indicates a weakness in the circulation of blood throughout the whole vascular system.
The following are other possible causes of hypotension, beyond what I have mentioned above:
- Anti-hypertensive drugs and anti-depressant drugs may cause hypotension.
- People with diabetes mellitus occasionally develop hypotension because of nerve damage that affects the reflex impulses controlling blood pressure.
- Any severe injury or burn that results in serious loss of blood or body fluid will cause hypotension and shock.
- Myocardial infarction, or failure of the adrenal glands can also contribute to hypotensive symptoms. 1
If your physician/doctor has determined that you have hypotension, or low blood pressure, then the following strategies may help with balancing your low blood pressure symptoms, assuming that you are not currently taking any pharmaceutical medications. I have listed these prevention strategies in detail in the previous blog post, “Fire vibration strategies that strengthen the heart and circulation“.
In service and in stewardship to our land and our food,
Alternative Health Consultant and Diet Coach
PURPOSE OF ARTICLE: Nourishment recommendations for a certain condition or concern. UNDERSTANDING THE NOURISHMENT RANKING SCALE USED IN THE WORK WITH 5ED CLIENTS: The real value of this work comes when you can find out through muscle testing, or dowsing (applied kinesiology) which of the elements your body needs most, and which of the elements your body needs least. The results of this muscle testing process will reveal a 'blueprint' of your own unique body chemistry. The elements can be ranked from 1, being the most nourishing, to 5, being the element that your body doesn't need much of (or will pull you out of balance the fastest). Even the plant- or fungus-based remedies that will be the most effective for your healing process will vibrationally fall under the elements that nourish your body the most. Of course, everyone still needs to eat foods from ALL of the elements in order to keep a high level of health and fitness. It's just that you will be placing an emphasis on the elements that nourish your body the most. DISCLAIMER: I am not a licensed doctor or practitioner. My Bachelor of Science degree is in Agricultural Science, and I have a Master's degree in Spiritual Science (similar to a Master of Divinity degree). My intention is to work with clients as a healing ministry, and my integrity with this work is not to "hard sell" my clients, but to guide and assist them through this process of receiving the answers inside of themselves, and to empower my clients to claim their own inner wisdom. The remedy recommendations published on the 5 Element Diet web site have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not approved to treat, cure or prevent disease. Please consult with your physician or other healthcare professional regarding any medical or health related diagnosis or treatment options. All of the information contained on this web site, The 5 Element Diet, assumes that you, the reader, are not currently taking any pharmaceutical medications. If you are taking any pharmaceutical medications, then it is YOUR responsibility to research any contraindications or drug interaction risks associated with using and/or ingesting any of the plant-based remedies referenced on this web site.
- Marcovich, Dr. H (Ed.). 2010. Black’s Medical Dictionary. 42nd Edition. London : A & C Black Publishers Ltd.